Kenter Logistics Information Blog
Ship a Machine
Posted on September 19th, 2016
Where do you Need to Ship a Machine
With the Up coming Elections that seem to be hindering a return to growth for America, there is a flood of used machinery on the second hand market for the USA – so it’s time to ask the question -Where do you need to ship a machine ?Where or where can you ship a machine ? The downturn in the Australian Economy has been severe and for the past 18 months we have seen a huge number of Used Machinery being off shored. Whether it be forced due to Liquidation, or companies taking survival measures to ease some cash flow pressure. We have noticed a scarcity issue starting to appear in Australia on smaller equipment mainly in construction for road works. This is staring a demand to ship a machine or two back into Australia’s market. Many Kiwi’s have been using us to ship a machine across the ditch for the last 3 months. Again this is more focused on construction for a growing population, Road works and Housing, not so much commercial development but the Kiwi economy is strong. For the larger equipment we often get requests to ship a machine or packages to Karachi – an emerging economy and strong feeder region to India. India has significant restraints on trying to ensure Used Machinery is not coming in for Scrap and will infact be used for the purpose they were built. Before you consider where you might sell or ship a machine due diligence is vital. You may originally have a $15,000 profit base from the change in currency and demand after shipping, but that can swiftly be taken away if quarantine, customs, and compliance issues come into play on discharge at destination port worldwide. All countries have their own little idiosyncrasies, in theory they are similar, but there are many market and economy protection issues also in play. Its worthwhile having a Quick discussion about what’s involved by contacting us. I found the below article in the Wall Street Journal a Very interesting read –
Changes Ship Car Australia
Posted on September 13th, 2016
A new online system see Changes You NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU Ship a car to Australia !
The Department has developed a new online system for processing vehicle import applications and issuing vehicle import decisions. ship car Australia.E
Ensure you have applied using the right form before starting the physical process to Ship a car to Australia.Through a new online client portal, the new system will streamline the process of submitting applications and receiving decisions. No Changes have been made as yet to the different rulings relating to the personal Imports option. It is simply the way we go about applying for the Import Permit before we ship a car to Australia. Ship Car Australia Changes have also been made to the paper application forms. Please note that applications will no longer be accepted using old versions of the forms. Because the Department of Infrastructure processes the Forms on a ”By Received Date Basis” it is vital to ensure you are submitting the right documentation from the outset. A really good source of the process can be viewed on the Infrastructure site by following this link. For information on how to import a vehicle, please contact the Department at email@example.com ship car australia Vehicle importers or their agent will need to register in the online system, when it commences, before submitting their first application. If you are planning to use an agent contact us, they must be registered on the system before you can nominate them, so please ensure that your agents are aware of these changes. Consideration needs to be given about what type of user you wish to register as, the four options are:
- an Individual—individuals that may be considering to ship A car to Australia one or multiple vehicles; Ship Car Australia
- a Private Agent—someone who lodges import applications on behalf of individual applicants; typically, family or friends of the applicant;
- a Corporation/Organisation—this creates both an organisation and a corporate agent (an individual who submits applications on behalf of one specific organisation). Corporate agents are generally employees of the organisation and do not submit applications on behalf of applicants outside their organisation. Multiple corporate agents can be registered for an organisation; or
- a Freelance Agent is what Kenter International falls under when we help you to ship a car to Australia—a person who submits applications for individuals and organisations for a fee. Freelance Agents can represent multiple organisations and/or multiple individuals.
What Import Option Can I apply Under ?The issuing of a Vehicle Import Approval may be subject to certain conditions. These conditions will be made clear when the Vehicle Import Approval is granted and may be unique to the particular vehicle. Breaching any stated conditions is an offence. Offenders may be prosecuted and fined or have their import approval revoked. Do this before ship car australia
- This option allows for the importation of road vehicles manufactured before 1 January 1989. This option is designed to cater for the importation of older enthusiast, classic or historic vehicles.
- This option allows migrants settling in Australia or expatriate Australian citizens returning permanently to Australia after a long period overseas, to bring their personal vehicle with them as long as it has been owned for the qualifying 12 month period.
- This option allows road vehicles originally sourced within Australia but subsequently exported to be re-imported.
- This option allows for the importation of road trailers that have an Aggregate Trailer Mass (ATM) not more than 4.5 tonnes.
- This option allows for the importation of vehicles intended to be used for road vehicle rallies, closed circuit road vehicle racing and vehicles designed to support road vehicle racing or rallying.
- This option allows for the importation of vehicles which complied with the applicable Australian Design Rules (ADRs) at the time the vehicle was originally supplied to the market overseas.
- ship car australia This option allows for the importation of special purpose vehicles including city utility vehicles (fire tenders, garbage trucks, street sweepers), mobile cranes, mobile drilling rigs, and mobile plant and equipment.
- This option allows for the importation of motor vehicles intended to be used primarily for exhibition purposes.
- A ‘non-road vehicle’ (often referred to as ‘non-transport equipment’ and/or ‘off-road vehicles’) refers to a vehicle not principally designed for use in transport and/or is not permitted to be driven on public roads.
- This option allows the importation of vehicles for the purpose of having modifications, repair or other work performed on the vehicle. The vehicle is to be re-exported without being used as transport in Australia.
- This option allows for the importation of road vehicles in either low or full volume including road trailers that weigh more than 4.5 tonnes Aggregate Trailer Mass (ATM).
- This scheme allows for the importation of vehicles for testing to meet certification standards and evaluation of performance in Australian conditions.
- Vehicles not covered under other options may be approved with discretion in exceptional circumstances. The approval usually has conditions attached.
- This scheme allows for the importation and supply to the market of used vehicles. Approved Registered Automotive Workshops (RAWs) import, modify and plate used vehicles in accordance with concessional standards.
- ship car australia Listing on the Register of Specialist and Enthusiast Vehicles means that vehicles can be imported into Australia under the Low Volume Vehicles Scheme and the Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme.
- This agreement allows for the importation of road vehicles by military personnel temporarily posted to Australia under the terms of an intergovernmental agreement.
- Immigration and Border Protection. This ‘Carnet de Passage en Douane’ is an international agreement which allows the temporary import of a vehicle for up to 12 months by visitors to Australia. The carnet is obtained in the country of residence. Carnet is managed by
How to Apply for A Vehicle Import Permit before you ship a Car to Australia ?
Register with the DepartmentApplications for vehicle import approvals are submitted through a secure client portal. Before submitting an application you must register with the Department. Part of the registration process includes providing photo identification (e.g. driver’s license or the identity page of the passport) to confirm that the applicant or company representative is a genuine person. Vehicle importers range from global automotive manufacturers to one-off, individual importers. You will need to select the approach that is best suited to your circumstances.
- If you are an individual: If you are an individual, an overview of the process is available at the Registration for individuals page.
Complete and then submit your vehicle import application.Once you have registered, you may submit your application by logging into your client portal. An overview of the process is available at the Submit your applicationpage. And it Should be done before you Ship car australia.
Receive your vehicle import approval.Once the Department has assessed your application, you will be notified whether your application has been approved or refused. The Department will send its decision via the email address nominated in your application. Decisions are in PDF format. If you encounter any difficulties with decision documents (including accessibility issues), you may contact the Department. If you have applied to import a vehicle under the personal import option or the letter of compliance option, you may need to plate your vehicle if you wish to register it for road use. An overview of the process is available at the Plating vehicles page. Ship Car Australia
How Long Will it Take to Get an Import Permit to ship a car to Australia ?You will generally be notified within 20 working days of receipt of your completed vehicle import application of the decision to approve or refuse your application. The Department aims to process applications sooner than this. Circumstances that may prolong the assessment of an application include:
- submitting an application using the paper application forms;
- not submitting all supporting documentation with your application;
- if your application requires technical assessment;
- if you or your vehicle is deemed as not meeting the import option initially selected; or
- seeking special consideration as to why you should be allowed to import your vehicle even if you or your vehicle does not meet any eligibility criteria set out in the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 or the Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations 1989.
NOW YOUR READY TO SHIP YOUR CAR TO AUSTRALIA !
If we applied we’ll let you know we are now getting the shipping underway, or as soon as you have received the Vehicle Import Approval let us know by sending us a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Freight Quote
Posted on September 9th, 2016
International Freight Quotes – Shipper beware
Not only do many businesses commit to their freight provider via their international freight quote based on price alone, they aren’t even aware of the best shipping options and service. Once you have your cargo collected, there’s no going back !
The issues and headaches it maybe causing you currently are:
- Your Goods are never arriving on time to the customer, meaning more time and energy being spent on tracking where the cargo is and trying to give it a hurry along
- Customers moving to different provider of goods because yours take a trip around the world
- The Summer has passed and your USD20,000 boat that you are importing has arrived just in time for winter
- Hidden costs accumulating such as interest on the costs you haven’t been paid for yet slowly but surely eating into your profit
- A drop in currency while the goods sat on the water for 3 additional weeks and no-one thought to talk to you about hedging
- The Car you thought would be a great drive can’t be registered in country, you are left with a loss of money but also No Car because it cant get an import permit !
- Declining opportunities to sell into because you aren’t familiar in the destination country and have no one there to look after your interests.
Ready To Get Started?
Great, Here’s How It Works
- Get in touch. Use our enquiry form to contact us about your project.
- Phone consultation. At this stage we’ll discuss your needs and options.
- Quote and proposal. We send you a proposal and a fixed price quote for your approval.
- Scheduling. We check cargo readiness, vessel availability and book space.
- Origin preparation of Cargo. We collate the export documents and schedule the various processes to get your cargo to port.
- Shipping begins! Our team of freight managers track your project.
- Collation and editing. Documents are collated and checked for inaccuracies with a careful eye.
- Draft approval. Ensuring all documents meet the destination port requirements we run this past our destination freight office.
- Revisions. If needed, you may request two rounds of revisions within 2 days. We’ll happily make any required changes at no additional cost.
- Payment. Your Freight and Disbursement Invoices are issued within 5 days of vessel sailing, you release the funds and we pay out the various service providers and shipping line we have worked with along the way.
- Complete! Shipping Documents and cargo are released on time and cargo delivered to the client.